Thursday, February 26, 2015

Actual Writing News

I feel like that title should come with a news ticker sound effect but, I digress.

I was working on my WIP and realized that there are many questions to be answered in the story. It's intended to be the first in a series. So I began a second file to work out the backstory so I can get my characters straight in my head and the backstory TURNED INTO ANOTHER NOVEL.How the hell did I even? I mean, it's a prequel. Or is it technically now Book 1 and my initial story Book 2? Do I release the prequel first? WILL THIS MADNESS EVER STOP? If only straightening out the story was as easy as making covers. Which you folks will never see if I don't get my ass moving. This requires a fresh bottle of whiskey and a lockdown, I fear.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds familiar,,,very familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect we all do these kinds of things at some point, KR.

    ReplyDelete