Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day One..

And by some miracle, I hit my word goal. Anu was cooperative once I gave him no opportunity to bolt on me. He might not appreciate it but, he's much easier to work with when I have him leashed.

An excerpt, just to prove that I really am making progress:

**
Sevda looked worriedly at the door and back to the other djinn, who was still strapping an entire arsenal of blades and charms to his chest. 'All these centuries and this woman.. this human... this is what you're going to risk losing your head over?  I don't think this is such a great idea, Anu. Even if you are bound to her.'

'She's the only one who's ever been worth anything and if they've hurt her..' Anu couldn't finish the thought. Not out loud but it carried on in his twin hearts, the agony pulsing with their beats. 'Bound or not, I won't leave her to be their pet and I'm not letting her die alone.' He wasn't letting her die at all, if he could help it. 'You know, that's always been your problem, Sev,' he said without looking up, tightening the blade holster on his thigh.

'What? My overabundance of logic and steadfast persistence in keeping my head attached to my neck?' Her arms crossed over her chest as her worry manifested in an aura of jeweled fire surrounding her.

Anu smirked darkly, his eyes blazing sapphire as his own powers swarmed, encasing him in pluming flames. 'No. Thinking.'

No comments:

Post a Comment